Here they are: the top ten tips for writing press releases. Keep these in mind when writing your online press release for maximum impact.
1. Keep to one page in length unless absolutely necessary.
2. Create an angle of interest
3. Use just one or two clear sentences to discuss your product.
4. An attractive title is of upmost importance.
5. Avoid excessive use of adverbs, adjectives and fancy language
6. As for any piece of writing, follow the rules of grammar and style.
7. Make sure the information is timely; preferably related to current events or trends.
8. Make every word count.
9. Deal with the facts; avoid fluff
10. Include every piece of contact information prominently: name, address, phone, after-hours phone, fax, email, Website.
All of these points are important; also, don’t forget to give the reader something they want – you must have something new or interesting to offer.